You Will Never Regret Getting These Best Baby Bibs
Mommies, I am sure that you would all agree with me that mealtimes are among the messiest periods of the day. Whether your baby is yet to turn one year old or already a toddler, you can still expect a lot of cleaning after each breakfast, lunch, dinner or when he or she has just started eating solid food for the first time.
One of the best ways to reduce the mess and ensure that your food is kept off your baby’s clothes is by using the best baby bibs available. So, the question now is – how can you find the best one that would give the best value for your money. Let’s discover the factors you need to consider when purchasing the best bibs for your little one.
Why Are Bibs Necessary?
Bibs are a must since your babies are not able to control your baby’s reactions when eating. Whilethere could be ways which could help you manage the messy part of eating, you still need to let your baby use bibs to reduce the food from getting smeared all over the place – the clothes, the highchair, and even the floor.
Now that your child has started to eat solid food, there is a greater chance for your to have a more frequent cleaning cycle. The least you would want is to spend more time and effort removing the stains on your baby’s clothes.
Not only does it require more time and effort, but it can be costly as well since you are likely to buy more clothes in the end.
As mommies, you would appreciate all the help you need when it comes to keeping your baby clothes’ and baby items clean all the time. So, when it is time to go baby shopping, see to it that baby bibs are part of the checklist.
Know the Different Types of Bibs
Yes, bibs have evolved as well. There are now different types of depending on the purpose. Another factor that would differentiate one bib from the other is the design. The material and other functionalities may be different as well. Let’s take a quick look at these types of bibs.
The Feeding Bibs
The name itself is self-explanatory. This is probably the most important function of bibs. Feedings are messy and you would not want your baby’s food to end up on his or her clothes. Needless to say, you do not want to change your baby clothes every time he finishes eating.
You may want to grab that feeding bib that comes with a ‘catcher’ or a pocket at the bottom part. These are helpful as they also prevent the food from reaching the floor. This also means less work for you to do after each meal time.
The Smock or the Bib With Long Sleeves
This is the type of bib that gives your baby the extra protection from food. Instead of simply hanging the bib around the neck, the arms and the body may get covered by it as well. The advantage of purchasing this type of bib is that it can also be used during crafts or art time with your toddlers.
You should also keep in mind that opting to have a smock or long-sleeved bibs would also mean that you would need extra space in your bag. Size is one the key differences between the regular feeding or drool bibs and a smock.
The Drool Bibs
Another type of bibs that is getting more and more fashionable are the drool bibs. Generally, they are much smaller than feeding bibs. As the name suggests, these bibs prevent your baby dribble from getting his clothes wet.
These bibs are also designed in such a way that they are safe for your baby to use. They don’t get entangled easily and get be removed quickly. In short, no matter how active your baby gets, you don’t have to worry about keeping his or her drool bib on.
Criteria For Choosing the Best Baby Bibs
The Five Best Baby Bibs You Can Try
*Feel free to check my detailed reviews below. You may also click on the links above and be updated on the current prices and see more reviews on Amazons.
Enter your text here...Made from 100% Food –Grade Silicone, this product would immensely help lessen the after-meal cleanup time for mommies. Since it is made of silicone, it is dishwasher safe and could simply be wiped down after use.
- You could say good-bye to stain-removing and extensive washing
- This one product is portable and lightweight
- It is BPA-free making it safe for your babies to use
- There is no need to buy multiple bibs as this one can be used from age 6 months to 6 years old
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee. This is a big plus.
- It is a bit pricier than others
- I noticed that the bib could be easily pulled by the baby
- It could leave a mark on the baby’s neck when used for a long time
Enter your text here...These bandana drool bibs manufactured by Kiddy Star comes in a set of 8 pieces which also makes it a good gift idea for birthdays, Christmas, or even baby showers. As all you need is to purchase a single set, you would not need to multiple bibs for your baby.
- The designs are quite cute and can easily be paired with any clothes.
- It comes with a smart moisture management technology which helps boost its capacity to absorb liquid
- From the bib itself down to the snap closures—the materials are all hypoallergenic
- I also appreciate the fact that the edges do not wear out easily
- The bibs are quite thinner than expected
- After just a few wash, the bib started to get even thinner
When it comes to bibs, size does matter as well. The Toppy Toddler Waterproof feeding bibs make feeding stress-free and mess-free even with older babies and toddlers. They come in nice colors which would make your kids love wearing them.
- There is no need to purchase multiple of them as they dry easily
- They may be large, but they are still lightweight
- These bibs are reversible and durable even after several items of washing
- The snap buttons do not fall out easily
- This is one of the bibs that has large coverage
- It could easily be rolled and kept in a small pocket of the bag
- The size of the bib may be large, but the neck size needs adjustment as well
- The edge of the bib started to wear down after just 5 washes
Another way to make meal time-related messes more manageable is with the help of the OXO Tot Waterproof Silicone Roll Up Bib. This particular product can be rolled up with ease to fit in any baby traveling bag.
- The size is ideal since it the bottom part does not hit the high chair table
- The velcro closure keeps the bib in place and gives it a nice snug
- The neck size is good for babies and toddlers
- The material is gentle on the baby’s skin so it does not leave any mark or trigger any allergic reactions
- The fabric stains easily and it takes a long time to dry it since not all part is made from silicone material
- Over the time, this bib starts to smell. You may want to purchase a new one after using and reusing it for over a month
For families who are always on the go, taking disposable items offers more convenience. This is the same with baby bibs. Disposable bibs are recommended and the Munchkin Fish Style is one of them.
- Although disposable and thin, it still comes with a collecting pocket at the bottom part
- It has a 3-layer design which helps keep baby's’ clothes clean and dry
- It offers good coverage with its size so you c
- The adhesive is not too sticky unlike other brands so you need not worry about your baby’s getting stuck
- It is not environment- friendly as it ends up in the trash
- It is not economical either as you would end up purchasing a pack over and over again
My Final Thoughts
There is no doubt that baby bibs play an important role as they offer massive convenience for the parents. Unlike with other baby products, choosing the right baby bib for your baby may require you to purchase two different kinds