The Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Best Bassinet For Your Beloved Baby
One of the most challenging to do for us, moms, is finding the best products that our baby would love. In many cases, it takes more than just the visual appeal to purchase an item. So, when it is time to go baby shopping, you should also be ready to find the best bassinet for your little one.
Although, you would still encounter parents who would go for a crib rather than a bassinet, keep in mind that choosing the latter has several benefits.For one, it is highly advised that you share room or co-sleep with your baby during his or her first few months.
Another upside of using a bassinet is that if you happen to have a small room, then opting for one would only require minimal space. Moreover, if you intend to have a C-section, having your newborn sleep in your room would be utterly convenient for you as well.
With all these benefits, the real question now is – how can you find the best bassinet for your beloved baby? Allow me to shed light on this subject and let me walk you through the different key factors that you need to consider in purchasing that ideal bassinet. Moreover, we’ll take a closer look at the best 5 bassinets available today.
Top 5 Factors to Consider When Shopping For Bassinet
A Closer Look at The Five Best Bassinets Today
*Feel free to check my detailed reviews below. You may also click on the links above and be updated on the current prices and see more reviews on Amazons.
Arm’s Reach is one of the brands known to have a range of products focused on a complete sleep system for babies. The co-sleepers manufactured by the company are literally designed for moms or dads to reach over to your baby when it is time to sleep or simply play with him or her.
- Due to the mesh wall, you could have a 360 view of your baby whether you are in bed or anywhere in your bedroom
- Unlike other bassinets, your baby could use this up until he or she is 5 months old
- This is one product that could help you draw the line between room-sharing and bed-sharing
- I particularly liked the storage basket as it made it easier for me to travel with it
- It comes with a leg extension that is equipped with wheels so you could move it around
- For fussy babies, this might not work as it does not have the ‘rocking’ feature
- The leg extension does not feel sturdy, so I opted to remove it
- Another reason I preferred not to use the leg extension is that the wheels seem to get stuck easily
Graco Pack N Play proves that you need not purchase several gears to provide your baby a place to sleep on or just nap and a place to play. It makes an ideal companion as you would not need to bring multiple gears when you need to travel on the weekend or be away for a longer period of time.
- You would instantly feel how sturdy the built is as it does not come with flimsy components
- The legs could be automatically folded via one push of a button which enables you to pack it right away
- It comes with a toy bar where small soft plushes could be attached
- It is just as big as a full-sized crib, so it could take up massive space in a small bedroom
- Cleaning is a bit tough as it takes time to remove all the textile and reattach them again
- Although the legs fold up automatically, you need to exert a lot of effort to actually fold it and pack it away
The unique feature that the Halo Bassinet has is that it is by far, the only one, that could rotate or swivel 360 degrees. You could sleep with your little baby as close as you one while reducing the risks linked to bed-sharing. The bassinet would ensure that your baby has his or her own space.
- You would not feel that cleaning this bassinet is a breeze since it is made from polyester which could be cleaned with the use of a damp cloth
- It is not bulky and could fit right into a small room
- If you have a fussy baby, he or she would love the calm music and the vibration
- You would not miss nursing your baby as this bassinet is equipped with a timer
- If your baby quite big for his age, then he might outgrow this bassinet quickly
- You could not completely submerge this into water due to the electronic components
Delta Children has been in the business of producing furniture products that are suitable for early childhood years. The Sweet Beginnings Bassinet comes with removable canopy and leaf pattern on the fabrics.
- Your baby would love the pre-loaded lullabies and the nightlight
- As it is made with polyester fiber pad, you could simply dump into the washing machine for cleaning
- When used outside the home, you could make use of the storage area underneath for space
- When purchased online, you might be eligible for replacement parts
- You wouldn’t see the baby without literally standing as the walls are not made from mesh fabric
- Although the canopy is removable, the bassinet itself is hard to collapse making it difficult to travel with
The BABYJORN Cradle is both a rocker and a bassinet in one. As a rocker, it helps soothe your baby with gentle rocking motions. You could place it right next to the bed to co-sleep with your little one. This model can be used by your baby up until she or he becomes 6 months old or when your baby is 18 lbs heavy.
- You would love how the canopy that comes with it helps block ambient light in the room
- It is lightweight and can literally be carried to and from any room
- It comes with machine-washable fabrics and mattress cover
- The materials used are all tested for safety
- The legs do not have wheels, so you would need to literally lift it to transport it
- You could not simply reach to your baby at night, you would still need to get up and get to him or her
- It is quite pricey as compared to other bassinets
Here’s My Final Verdict, Moms!
After checking all five bassinets, I would not lie that I instantly loved the Arm's Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper, I liked the simplicity of the product and how it can be used as an extension of my bed. It feels as though I am sharing my bed with my baby without having to worry about the risks.
Moreover, it has satisfied 4 out of the 5 factors which makes it one practical choice. Also, it is quite affordable as compared to the others I hope that you liked this review and that I was able to help you with your decision. Feel free to share your experiences, too. Until next post, moms!